202 “FRIEDRICH SCHURER” U-BOAT
1/32 SCALE CLASS 202 “FRIEDRICH SCHURER” U-BOAT
The Class 202 German submarines were designed in 1961 as a test carrier for a new sonar system. Despite its excellent cruising and handling qualities, the exposed bridge as well as the confined interior, led to the boat being decommissioned after only one year of service. This design cost the taxpayer DM 30 million, but it laid the foundation for all of Germany’s modern U-boats.
- Matched upper and lower Epoxy hull halves with indexing lip.
- Carbon fiber reinforced control surfaces with shafts molded in place.
- Cast metal fittings set with masts and scopes.
- Photo etched MBT vents.
- Scale metal, seven bladed propeller.
- Water tight cylinder foundations.
- Plans and instructions.
Length: 28.43 inches
Beam: 4.21 inches