USS STURGEON (SSN-637)
1/96 SCALE USS STURGEON CLASS (SSN-637)
First launched in 1967, the Sturgeon class nuclear attack submarine set the standard for firepower, stealth and maneuverability for modern attack submarines and served into the late 1990’s.
Our Sturgeon kit is intricately detailed with vents, hatches, line lockers, torpedo shutters and fairwater access plates. The model’s ease of construction, and docile handling characteristics make it one of the best choices for the R/C submariner with intermediate skills.
- Matched upper and lower Epoxy hull halves with indexing lip.
- Carbon fiber reinforced control surfaces with shafts molded in place.
- Cast metal fittings set with masts and scopes.
- Photo etched MBT vents.
- Scale metal, seven bladed propeller.
- Water tight cylinder foundations.
- Plans and instructions.
Length: 36.5 inches
Beam: 4 inches