1/96 scale USS Permit class (SSN-594)
First launched in 1962, the SSN-594 Permit class were the world's
first modern, quiet, deep-diving fast attack submarines, integrating
a hydrodynamically shaped hull, bow mounted sonar array and advanced silencing
features. Permits established the design pattern of all successive
American attack submarine classes. This kit accurately duplicates
the sleek lines of the original. It's size and simplicity make it an ideal
first kit for new r/c sub modelers.
Click images to enlarge.
- Matched upper and lower hull halves with indexing lip.
- Cast metal fittings set with masts and scopes.
- Photo-etched MBT vents.
- Carbon fiber reinforced control surfaces with shafts molded in place.
- Molded in brass bearings on appendage shafts.
- Complete control linkage set.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft with stern and thrust bearings.
- Scale metal, seven bladed propeller.
- Water tight cylinder foundations.
- Plans and detailed
Length: 34.75 inches
Beam: 4 inches
Price: $325 plus $15 shipping.
Contact us for availability.
Click images to enlarge. Model built by Paul Crozier.